Monday, April 5, 2010

Comeback Fantasy...

My team is called "Happy with 2nd Place." At the start of the season, my team was called "Gilbert's Knees." Then, around mid-January after Gilbert messed up, I changed the name to "Gilbert's Guns." Last week right before the championship started between myself and "The Undefeated," I changed my name to what it currently is now because I thought to myself that I had no chance at all of beating him. From Monday to Saturday, the score was either 7-1 or 6-3 in his favor. Then, yesterday, he only had Toney Douglas playing on the Knicks, while I had 6 players. Even then, I was like, "Man, I'm screwed. I'm down 3 categories, and he has never lost in the scoring, 3-pt, FG%, or FT% categories. My 4 players playing were Odom, Ariza, Love, Bosh, Gallinari, and Barnes. None of them did particularly well except for Chris Bosh who scored 42 points, had 12 rebounds, and 5 steals. Great steals numbers for a big man. But man, I needed every single one of his points as seen in the first picture.


So yeah, I forgot what my opponent's original name was, but before the playoffs began, he changed his name to what it is now since he didn't lose a single head-to-head match up during the regular season. It's so crazy I beat him. I'm still baffled, especially when I won the points category by a single point.


In this picture, you can see his regular season performance. Dude was unstoppable.


Here's my regular season performance. I was 16-4.


Last night, at like 3 AM, it was MY name slashed out and said that he won 6-3 (starting score as of Sunday morning). I guess Yahoo hadn't tallied up the totals yet. I was blown because I thought I had won 5-4. I just said, "Oh well, I was happy with 2nd place."


Here's my team. Barnes, I just picked up last week. And Ariza, I've only had him for like 2-3 weeks. Outside of those two, that was the core of my team throughout the year. During the season though, I picked up and dropped random players like DeJuan Blair, Nate Robinson, Erick Dampier, Marcus Thornton, and JaVale Mcgee.


This is my opponent's team. Stacked with big names... Wade, Evans, Iggy, JJ, J-Rich. I guess he was lacking big time with the big men even though LaMarcus and Mehmet are no slouches.

I will have to give my MVP to Chris Bosh with Melo in 2nd. Melo scored a lot, but missed some games and didn't really do much else. Bosh was always putting up big rebounding and scoring numbers though.

I still can't believe I won my league.

[click on pictures to enlarge]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.