Friday, May 7, 2010

Iron Man 2 and Epic Madden...

Iron Man 2 was a little disappointing, but I still enjoyed the movie. The two fight scenes with Whiplash were short... very short. The movie dragged in the middle with *spoiler* Tony trying to stay alive, trying to figure out what his dad's message was to him, and Whiplash creating his crap at Hammer Industries. However, the fight scene with Iron Man 2 and War Machine going against the various machines was well worth my $8. *spoiler*

Anyway, before we went out to AMC Potomac Mills at 10:45, Samer and I played a game of Madden to pass time after watching The Office. He was the Chargers and I was the Saints. It was a sea-saw battle until Reggie Bush fumbles on a punt return and gives SD a TD. At that point, Samer was up 21-7. I score again before the half to make it 21-14. He scores, I score. Now, it's 28-21. Then, from the ending minute of the 3rd quarter and into the 4 minute mark of the 4th quarter, I'm marching down the field. I'm at the 20 yard line and throw an interception that Samer takes back to about the 20. He eventually scores the TD. Now, I'm down two TD's 35-21 with about 3:30 to play. Then, I score quickly with a 70ish yard TD to Reggie Bush... all 4 of my Bush TD's were short passes until dude jetted down the sidelines. So, it's about 3 minutes to play with me down 1 TD, 35-28. I try the onside kick. Did not work. So, now Samer is at the 40 yard line. He scores again, and now I'm down 42-28 with less than 2 minutes to play. At this point, I tell Samer "Time for a comeback"... of course completely joking because I was sure I couldn't replicate the comeback I did a few weeks back. I get the ball back, and again, with one play, I score with Bush on a big YAC. At this point, there's about 1:20 to play. I try the onside kick again and it actually worked! So, I get the ball at about the 40. I work my way down with short passes and finally scored with about 20 seconds left. Anthony was there and was saying "Are you going for 2?" I said, "Yeah, even if it doesn't work, I'm satisfied with this comeback." Needless to say, I go for 2 with a pass to Reggie Bush... Bush with the diving and rolling catch. Dope! Then, I just played deep cover 4 for the last 4 plays to prevent any plays downfield... however I was afraid Samer would try a screen pass again because he had been killing me with it allllllll game with Sproles. He must've had 200+ yards receiving. However, my man Reggie had at least 300 yards receiving. I wish I saw the stats, but I think Samer was too pissed to look at them lol. Final score was 43-42.

No comments: