Wednesday, November 18, 2009

NBC Primetime...

This is pretty much the highlight of my week... week in and week out. (I love seeing you, too, Nikki!)

Community, 8PM

This show is slowly becoming my favorite show on television. I don't have HBO like most of you, so my choices are narrowed down to the offerings of the 4 big networks: NBC, FOX, ABC, CBS. But yeah, I love this show. It's as funny, if not funnier, as The Office. Of course, it's a different type of humor, but I love it still. To me, the characters and their issues are more explored than in The Office where half of the cast only really gets a line or two during some episodes. In Community, it feels like each character has gotten their shine already at least once. Annie and Britta are cute, so that's a plus haha. Definitely a step up from Angela, Meredith, Phyllis. All in all, I'm glad I watched this show from the beginning and kept up with it. My favorite characters are Troy and Pierce. Too damn funny with their one liners! I also like the "warm" moments at the end of each episode... almost like there's a lesson to be learned... a lesson that you don't have to think as hard about to understand as you would for The Office.

Parks and Recreation, 8:30PM

I probably only watch this every other week. It's definitely not as bad as people make it out to be. They have their inside jokes like every other sitcom. So if you've followed it enough, you'll know them. That's where a lot of the laughs come from. Overall, I enjoy the show, and it's a good lead-up to The Office. After watching Community, I usually gotta catch my breath and use this time watching PAR to prepare myself a little dinner before The Office begins. Some of the characters are bland, but they all have their moments here and there. It definitely doesn't have the same laughs per episode ratio as 30 Rock, which to me, has the highest out of these 4 shows.

The Office, 9PM

First of all, I had no idea Oscar was Sarah Palin. LOL. Anyway, this is the show I've been following for the longest time, so I'm pretty loyal to it. I'm almost ashamed to say that Community is slowly surpassing it. I love the kind of humor that The Office employs. Of course, some of their characters are just straight up unbelievable... Dwight, Meredith, Creed, and at times, Andy. This can be both good and bad... good because it's hilarious and bad because sometimes I think to myself that they're trying too hard. Andy and Dwight need to start getting more story lines again. F Pam and Jim. They're already married... and definitely not as funny (mostly Pam brings them down). But yeah, love the show! They need to go back to the way they filmed the first few seasons though... now it seems like they're going away from the mockumentary style. It seems like they got cameras that are unseen by the characters and they have damn near every angle. Before, it was just a single angle for a whole scene following them around. This really bugged me during the wedding episode when they panned back and forth from Pam's face to Angela's face when Angela was harassing Pam about going to the bar. They had cameras on both sides of the hallway.. not cool.

30 Rock, 9:30PM

This is funnier than all of the others shows, but the characters here just don't grab my attention like the characters of Community and The Office. I love Tracy Jordan and Kenneth, no doubt. I can't really say too much about this show, but brilliant. I wish I could get more into it. I'm trying though. I've seen all of the episodes this season, which is a step up from the one or two episodes I caught the last couple of seasons when my boy happened to be watching it at his house.

No comments: