Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Local News...

So, I was on Yahoo and clicked on this news article that was about some officer killing his neighbor's dog, but that was in the county over from mine. I typed in Manassas to look for news stories. Then, these came up:

http://www2.insidenova.com/isn/news/crime/article/breaking_news_bank_robber_hits_city_wachovia/50184/

This one is about a bank robber that's robbed 3 other banks in the area. In this particular story, he robbed a bank that I pass by every single day on my way to the hospital... since I go everyday for the most part. I've gone 15 days in a row up until yesterday. I usually leave my house at 3:20-3:25 and pass the corner that the bank is on at around 3:30-3:35. The bank robber struck at 3:30 and then fled on foot. It's crazy I didn't go yesterday. I could've seen this guy running haha.

http://www2.insidenova.com/isn/News/crime/article/man_arrested_in_new_years_stabbing/50224/#comments

This story is about a guy that stabbed his girlfriend on New Year's day. Finally U.S. Marshal found him in this apartment hiding. The apartment is right across the street from the hospital that I go to... literally right across from my hospital.. not like how others say, "Oh it's across the street," but it's really a few blocks down. NO, right across!

It's an eerie feeling. I feel like Manassas is so safe and I never see any cops arresting anybody... aside from people being pulled over. It's crazy to me that something happens everyday, but we just don't hear about it unless we look for the information ourselves since Manassas isn't really going to get any time on the evening news.

No comments: