Monday, October 6, 2008

Hello October...

Damn, I haven't blogged in a while... for my standards at least.

Anyway, what has gone on the past week? I guess I'll go in reverse order to remember better.

Sunday
-I played my third game in FYBA. I finally scored some buckets. Three 3's, baby!
-Mass
-Wasted my night away reading my SOM book.

Saturday
-Music Min. interest meeting + HH afterwards. I did the Pat On The Back teaching since the rest of the teachings required too many other props and stuff. I didn't know I was gonna do a teaching until I got there, so yeah, it went really well.
-Then I went to GMU and waited for Nikki to get out of work and drive down. We finally got there at around 6:20 PM. Not surprisingly, they hadn't started yet even though the listed start time was 6 PM. I didn't even know Faye was there until I saw pics of her on Facebook. Anyway, the acts were really great. I know a lot of people were laughing at the Deep Foundation cats, but I thought they were pretty good lyrically. If I closed my eyes and didn't see them looking silly, I would definitely rock with their sound.
-The GK presentation was pretty cool, too. There were a bunch of CFC and YFC shout outs in the videos.
-Jay Legaspi and Leejay were the most entertaining ones of the night.
-Gabe Bondoc is all hype. He sang well, but all of his songs sounded the same and he didn't interact with the audience as well as Jay Legaspi did.
-MaryAnn's group was really good too. Their song choices really had me hyped. Great stuff.
-Then of course, the Boogie Bots were the last act. Miguel and Bryan were missing though. I noticed whenever people mention BB, everyone tries to get in their little quips of "Yo, I know them!" I just stay silent of course. But I just wanna say "I slept with two of them, son!" Haha. No, not like that. When we were in SD at Matt's place, I had the floor while Bryan and Mike had the couch... bastards.

Friday
-Niks and I went up to Georgetown to hang out with Krista and Hagan. None of us had seen each other for probably a month or two already. Getting there was pretty cool. I tried parking at 2 places, but they ended up being 'Zone 2' parking only. Then I stumbled upon this parking spot in G. Lo and behold it was right in front of Krista's dorm. Anyway, Krista has a bunny in her dorm that we fed a carrot to for a while once we got there. It was maaaaad cute, but it has a busted lip cuz Krista dropped it haha.
-We drove for a few minutes to get nearer to Georgetown. I finally found a parking spot a little bit before the bridge on M. The walk to Wisconsin and Q wasn't that bad from there. We passed a few shoe stores here and there that seemed to have nothing but fakes. Majors was wack! There's nothing but unhelpful jerks in there for real. The shoes there were so disorganized and cluttered. Ahh I hate that place. That's probably going to be my first and last voluntary time going there.
-There was a store party going on at Adidas. Weird
-The food at Cafe Bonaparte was really good. Damn, I love crepes. My dumb ass asked for sparkling water since I thought that Nikki said she wanted sparkling water. She actually said 'DON'T get sparkling water.' Damn me and my hearing. So yeah, that was a waste of 6 bucks. Anyway, I got the crepe with shrimps in it and some really good sauce. The shrimp was sooooo juicy and tasty. It was definitely worth the 12 bucks.
-We finally downed the nasty ass sparkling water and asked for tap water. Little did we know it wasn't the same as ice water. I didn't know there were so many damn types of water. So, I jokingly said, 'Hey what river is this water from?' Then Hagan replied,'Yeah, I only drink Potomac.' I was laughing my ass off for a minute. Good stuff, good stuff. Oh yeah, before Cafe Bonaparte, we got some ice cream across the street since we had a 40 minute wait to eat. I highly recommend that place. Too bad I don't know what the place is called.

I guess this is where my post will end since the rest of the week was just a bunch of baby ass washing and school.

As for this week, I got two exams. Wack! Also, this might be my last week of looking after the babies. I'm not sure though. Hopefully it's not, because this weekly $120 is really nice. If it is the last week, I guess I'll go ahead and apply for that seasonal spot at H&M.

No comments: