Monday, April 6, 2009

Adventureland...

So, after going to the Shrine for confession and mass with Nikki for Palm Sunday, I went to the movies with my boy, Samer. He convinced me to go watch this with him by paying for my ticket haha. Anyway, it was a really good coming of age movie. I loved it... everything from the acting, directing, humor, and the soundtrack. When I first saw the trailers, I thought it would be a mix between Superbad and Juno. But, boy was I wrong. It's far from Juno and even further away from Superbad. I was expecting crude humor and jokes to be used, but the humor was very subtle. But overall, I loved it.



They had pretty good chemistry on film. Kristen Stewart got this strong chin, but for some reason she's still attractive. I have no idea why. It's probably that girl next door effect. Dude reminded me of Michael Cera at times, but nothing over the top.


Ryan Reynolds had a weird role in this movie. Pretty unexpected. Unfortunately, he never takes off his shirt. Damn!


The dude on the right had sand Wallabees on for the most part of the movie. He gets cool points in my book. I was wearing my black pair when I watched it haha. He had some funny moments, too.


Bill Hader and Kirsten Wiig were severely underused. I was expecting more of a leading role from them. Boooooo!


Here's a song from the movie.

1 comment:

Faye said...

"Unfortunately, he never takes off his shirt. Damn!"


hahahaha.