Thursday, November 27, 2008

Be Grateful...

Happy Thanksgiving to all, except for all of the turkeys out there.



I'm thankful for:

-God
-my family
-school
-my friends in and out of the community
-being able to go to confession more than I ever have in my life
-being able to go to mass
-purity
-the great music that's come out this year: Ye, Jason Mraz, Jay-Z, Jack Johnson, Q-Tip, Raphael Saadiq, John Legend, Vampire Weekend, Robin Thicke, etc.
-my car
-the money to be able to get gas
-for gas prices going down although I know they won't stay this way
-the election... Change!
-finally overcoming (slightly) my shoe addiction and letting go of a bunch of shoes
-youth nights
-basketball
-prayers given
-football
-fond memories of NY, Discovery Camp, our first date, San Diego, Kids Village, and so much more
-our love
-OUR love
-all of my problems and stress from school and family... they were horrible at the time, but now these things are part of my life story... I can say that i got through them... I can tell my kids one day, "When I was your age....".... I'm a better man for having gone through them all
-overcoming the problems and stress... my triumphs... the feelings of elation and wisdom that followed those moments... the epiphanous feelings
-the lessons learned
-wisdom and knowledge learned from the community
-the advice given and taken
-hospitality
-being welcomed
-being heard
-my nephews
-soon to be Jayden Cassidy
-gift of love
-random acts of kindness
-the wonderful movies I saw this year
-my new cell phone... thanks for sacrificing your upgrade, Nik!
-Scrabble, Cranium, Clue, Monopoly
-getting through another semester
-The Office
-Pushing Daisies (R.I.P.)
-late night great shows on Nickelodeon and the Teen Network: the 70's Show, Home Improvement, and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
-my new room
-a pretty comfy bed haha
-my home
-all the food I've consumed this year
-being a virgin
-beautiful sunsets
-the warmth, the windiness, the heat, the chilliness, the frigid cold
-my 21st birthday
-the laughs
-the tears
-the great conversations and great company
-everything!

No comments: