Monday, November 24, 2008

Random NY Memories 11-20 to 11-23

Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures. There's no time to be taking pictures when you're having the best times of your life. You just move on along with the moment. This is most especially true when you're in NYC where everyone is moving fast and there's already enough damn tourists in Times Square with their cameras out. I wasn't trying to be one of those haha. So, I'll just comprise some random stuff that I can remember from this past trip to NYC.

-I got up on Thursday at 6:30, went to Samer's by 7:40. Then, we had to wait for his dad to go to work so that he could finally move his car to a different parking spot to make his dad think that he went to class haha. We finally got out of Woodbridge by 8:05.
-Then there was some bad ass traffic on 95 going North, so I took the very next exit back onto 123 and took the back road to get to Springfield. We finally got to MD by 9:10. We stopped by Oxon Hill High School to pick up some money from Jon Labson for some shoes I sold him. That $40 definitely came in handy in NY.
-We got into the city by 1. We didn't get into queens until about 1:40 because of the traffic coming off of the Verazzano Bridge.
-Samer and I ate at this pizza joint called Lillian's. It was about a block away from Samer's old house. The owners knew him. Pretty cool. Then, we walked down to Austin Street where there were a bunch of shops. We first went to Barnes and Nobles to take a piss. Next up was Gap. Then, we finally went back to my car to drop him off at his grandma's house.
-I called Erickson and eventually met up with him at Sports Authority. Thank you, GPS! Then we went to his apartment which was about 5 minutes from Samer's grandma's. Thankfully, we were really close to each other. I took a power nap on his couch while him and his girlfriend went grocery shopping. Oh yeah, his roommate is gay, so I was a little paranoid haha. Just kidding, dude was mad cool.
-Then, that night, I got to eat some Gray's Papaya. Stuff was mad cheap and real good. The owner's were Filipino. "Mag papakasal na." Awkwaaaaaaaaard. They didn't know I could understand Tagalog haha. Silly folk.
-The rest of the weekend was a blur, so I'll just list random ish now haha.
-Chicken and Rice on 6th and 53rd I believe. Crack! It was right next to MOMA. There was a line for this joint in the damn cold at 1 AM.
-Sobriety tests for all the cars passing on that street. I guess mad drunks come through there.
-Apple store was sick.
-Central Park was beautiful even though I only got to see the bare minimum of it.
-I wish I could've gone past 59th street. I never went up higher than that.
-F.A.O. Schwarz. I dunno why those people were lining up around the corner. Samer and I just walked to the side entrance and went in. Weirdos haha. That would've been a good 30 minutes in the cold. I ended up buying Nikki a mandrill stuffed animal. A mandrill is that same monkey that was in The Lion King... Rafiki. Samer bought his sister a Harry Potter scarf which was pretty sick.
-Damn it was cold. Even in the subway.
-The subway was a mess on Saturday. The Q was running on the R. The R was running on the F or the V. It was retarded man. Samer and I wasted a good hour on transferring and waiting.
-Uniqlo was sick.
-Flight Club was even sicker. I couldn't believe how close it was to where I was waiting. 8th and Waverly Place. Now I know. Of course I didn't buy anything. I only had $120 for the weekend.
-The 1 day fun passes were $7.50. I ended up buying two (Friday and Saturday).
-The diner Erickson and I ate at for breakfast on Friday was money. Thanks for the food, son!
-Erickson and I went to the Old Navy at Rego Park Shopping Center. My man OD'd on the shirts haha. I would've too if I had the money. I got a shirt for $3.99 that used to be $24.99. Clearance, baby! I was lovin' the colors.
- My Yankees hat. I dunno how I went so long without one.
-Clientele was a big big disappointment.
-Recon was nice, but of course, I went there just to see it.
-Port Authority.
-Grand Central Station... What a beautiful place!
-Saint Patrick's Cathedral.
-I got to go to confession at Saint Francis of Assissi near Madison Square Garden (2 minute walk).
-Rockefeller Center was also beautiful.
-Times Square was lively as ever. 42nd street = Times Square! Haha. Thanks for the heads up.
-Bryant Park was also very pretty. I loved watching all those people ice skate. There was this one rasta skating around with lit up skates and this crazy ass outfit haha. I also learned that "people watching" is a common term.
-I also learned that you don't have to turn off your car to get gas.
-Jersey is so damn lucky to have that view of NY. Coming down Route 3. Wow, beautiful. I envy ya'll.
-Thank you to my tour guides!
-Traffic coming out of the Lincoln Tunnel at 6:30 PM suuuuuuucks.
-Vince flaked on me! Kinda. Haha. I'll see you soon man.
-I met some cool NJ SFC though. Brian, Rich, Pox/Pocks, Jon Marquez, Ray, Chaz, Jay, and Jose. Cool cats. They were very helpful in giving me advice. That was the most productive household I've ever been a part of. Thanks for the words ya'll. Sorry to the sisters. I don't remember any of their names. Woops haha. Oh yeah, Arlen was there. I only know her cuz I met her a couple of times before at the SFC conference and when they visited MD for that sister's thing. I think?
-I officially kick Samer's ass in speed every time. No home-court advantage, son!
-Tolls ran us about $23 each.
-I spent $34 on gas total. I'd say that's really damn good. 613.5 miles for the weekend. This is driving un-economically, too. It's not like I was going 55. I was going a good 80 to 90 the whole time, which was mad fun since I hadn't done that in a while.
-Worship was really good at the meeting. I can't believe I freakin' got choked up while I said thank you in front of all of those people that I had just met. Embarassing! Oh well, it was heartfelt.
-Triple Five Soul had some sick gear. It was 50% off inside, but everything still ended up being expensive haha.
-NBA Store. Magic Johnson was there! I bought myself a black NYK shirt.
-Niketown was also amazing. 5 floors of Nike shoes and gear. Dreamie! Haha.
-The drive back wasn't bad. I was definitely driving like Jason Statham in the Transporter movies.
-The Trump Towers were very obnoxiously tall and black glass haha.
-There was this one intersection where there was a giant star hanging in the middle of it. Only in Manhattan, baby!
-NBA Store is on 52nd and 5th. Niketown is on 57th and 5th.
-The LV store was real extravagant too. LV print all up and down the damn building haha.
-NYU is on the R line. 8 Street stop.
-To get to Central Park, get on the R line and get off Lexington and 53rd.

I thoroughly enjoyed and needed this trip. We'll do it again, Sammy boy.

No comments: