Tuesday, November 25, 2008

808s and Heartbreaks.... Illinoise!

I bought Kanye's new CD today. It's called 808s and Heartbreak as everybody knows. I'm loving it so far. It makes for horrible hip-hop, but is amazing music. It's truly a piece of art. I know a lot of people will hate on auto-tune, but auto-tune is only as wack as the person using it. Thankfully, Ye has a great ear for music and he knows what he's doing. I could appreciate him wearing his heart on his sleeve and not letting people dictate what music he makes. This music was from the heart, and I'm sure listeners can tell. Even if ya'll don't buy the album like me, I hope everyone that reads this gets a chance to listen to the music. Give it a chance. Don't turn it off right away because it's not hip-hop or it's not what you're expecting. Listen to it in its entirety.



My top 5 songs on the album are as follows:
In order
1. Street Lights
2. Robocop
3. Welcome To Heartbreak
4. Paranoid
5. Amazing

Next up, I'm really in love with this guy's sound right now. There's so much lively and soulful music going on. Horns, drums, trombones, trumpets, pianos, guitars, etc. Everybody should check this out. He wants to make an album for every state, but right now he's still only done Illinois haha. Regardless, it's an amazing album with great music. If you're going to be on a roadtrip or studying or want to feel good, this is the album for you: Sufjan Stevens: Come On! Feel the Illinoise!



Top 5 in order:
1. Chicago
2. Come On! Feel the Illinoise!
3. Casimir Pulaski Day
4. The Predatory Wasp of the Palisades Is Out To Get Us!
5. The Tallest Man, The Broadest Shoulders

No comments: