Friday, December 26, 2008

2008 Recap

Hmm, I don't feel like writing anything substantial right now. So, I'll just go with some lists.

Top 10 albums of 2008 (in order):
  1. Q-Tip - The Renaissance
  2. Kanye West - 808s and Heartbreak
  3. Jason Mraz - We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things
  4. Jack Johnson - Sleep Through The Static
  5. Musiq Soulchild - Onmyradio
  6. Raphael Saadiq - The Way I See It
  7. Robin Thicke - Something Else
  8. Jamie Foxx - Intuition
  9. N.E.R.D. - Seeing Sounds
  10. Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend
Top 10 films of 2008 (that I saw in theaters)(in order):
  1. The Dark Knight
  2. Wall-E
  3. Iron Man
  4. Tropic Thunder
  5. Pineapple Express
  6. Madagascar 2
  7. Ghost Town
  8. Jumper
  9. Wanted
  10. Be Kind Rewind
Top 10 Pick Ups of 2008 (in order):

1. Air Penny II. Of course my favorite shoe of all time would be my favorite pick-up... especially at 40% off. Thanks, Ant!


2. Air Jordan III CDP. I'm glad I got to get a pair of these. I overpaid, but oh well! I've paid under retail waaaaaaaay more than I've paid retail.


3. Air Jordan VIII. The sockliner on these are oh so comfy. Plus, you can't go wrong with the straps and tongue patch. Tinker knew what he was doing. This is the only pair that I pad resell prices for. I got them from Vince L. for $160.


4. Air Trainer II. I wore these the majority of the time when I was out in Cali. It was these and the Wallabees. I only brought two pairs out there. These looked good with everything and were also very comfortable. $70 at the outlet while Elite at the same time was still selling them for $125.


5. Nike Blazer. These are sentimental because they were a gift from Nikki. They retailed for $105, but were on sale at URBN.com for $40. Great steal! They also became very comfy once I took them out of the box and just let them sit in a natural setting. I guess the sun and heat warmed up the soles.


6. Air Max 95. I paid retail for these from Downtown Locker Room at St. Charles. They were the last pair and I didn't see them in any other stores. Love these joints. I had to replace the beat pair that I sold to Marion a few years back. These were $140. Gah!


7. Air Pippen. Mmm. I just love these colors together. My brother had these in the white/navy colorway when we were kids. I was so jealous back then. Again, Ant hooked these up with the swoosh account. 40% off.


8. Flightposite. I like the gold and eggplant colorways more, but I just would not be able to wear those. The color is a bit much... not that these shoes are any more subtle haha. I bought these with the Pippens. 40% off also. The fit on these is so awesome. Can't go wrong with -posite.


9. Zapato del Barco. This is my most worn pair of shoes. They go great with everything and are very comfy. I wore these and the Wallabees on my NY mini-vacay. Mmm. Vans never disappoint.


10. Chukka Low. I won't lie. I bit Matt on these. I saw him wearing them when I was out in San Diego. I was like wow, those look great with dark denim which is what I primarily wear. They were also very comfy and came at a great price at the Vans store in Fair Oaks. They also go well with just about any top. Go Vans!

No comments: