Thursday, December 4, 2008

Excerpts from my deserted Livejournal...

This was from June 08th 2007:
I drove my 1000th mile in my Yaris. Here are some interesting things. I was wearing my Spiz'ikes. I was listening to Earth, Wind, and Fire - Reasons. I was at Exit 19A on 95 South. The gas price at the gas station that I went to was $2.94. I wanna do this and take pics for every thousandth mile that I drive. I think it would be cool to see how I looked like, gas prices, and music. Yes, I'm weird.
Today, I drove my 48,000th mile. Damn! OD! It's cool though. I've had some great adventures and memories in those miles. NY, NJ, PA, VA Beach, Oxon Hill, Fort Washington, Silver Spring, Arundel, Laurel, Camp Hashawa, Leesburg... and the list goes on.

----------------------------------

This was from August 13th 2007:
Today's gospel was pretty great. Today was only the second time that I've been to St. John's parish, but each time it has been the same priest. He makes himself very approachable and down to Earth by telling real stories from his life and by saying his homily in a chair on the same level as the benches. But yeah, it was about God coming at an hour that we least expect. He told us of the story of the time when his brother and him were alone at their house for a week because their parents went on vacation. So, his brother had this ingenious idea to throw a party each and everyday that his parents were gone. Then the deal was that in order to have the parties, the friends would have to come back and clean up the day before their parents got home. Unfortunately, their parents came home a day early. Then, suprisingly, his mother got mad at him instead of being mad at his brother who planned everything. His mother said, "I expected more from you because more was given to you." That hit me hard. So much is expected from me because I've been so blessed and I've barely had any serious serious problems in life. So, in theory, there should really be nothing holding me back from getting straight A's or from leading CFC-Y VA to its full potential. More is expected from me because God has already given so much to me.

Another great part of his homily was when he told us that as much as God loves us, tomorrow is not promise, 5 months from now is not promised, 20 years from now is not promised. All we have promised is today. All we have promised is this moment that we're living right now. So, why not use that time to prepare ourselves for when the Lord comes at a time when we expect the least. Why should he come home to a dirty room? When he comes to my house, I better have everything in order. My closet better not have any skeletons in it, and my whole house had better be pristine. Since all we have promised is right now, we must be greatful for each moment. We must live each moment like it's our last moment to impress God and to please God. We must love one another like it's our last moment to tell them that we care for them. We must pray as hard as we can because you never know if it's the last time that you can pray. We must worship with our full hearts, minds, and souls as much as we can because you never know if it's your last time to worship the Lord. The priest really relayed the message well that we should be greatful for the day that we're having no matter how it's going. We're breathing and we're alive!
----------------------------------

Also from August 13th 2007:

Anyway, ever since conference in New Jersey, there has been a very noticeable rise in people's interest in brotherhood, sisterhood, and accountability. Unfortunately, some people take it waaaaaaay too seriously.

I don't even know where to start. I have an easy time brainstorming ideas, but I really suck at organizing them into an argument.

Sometimes, people just take YFC seriously. Sure, go ahead and take your prayer, service, and love seriously. I'll give your much respect for doing that with all your heart and soul. But damn, sometimes people need to chill out with that whole cliquishness and exclusiveness stuff. I hate being called out and being asked "how come you didn't invite me to that one thing? blah blah blah." There are several answers.

1) I don't wanna be THAT guy that invites friends to something that I didn't plan.
2) Sometimes people just need "us" time. Sometimes I just wanna have lunch with one person; be it A, Tims, KB, Niks, or any other friend. Do you really expect to be invited to every event in my life? Every time I have lunch with someone in YFC? Let me live!
3) Sometimes people just wanna be with others that they've grown closer to than others. It's a natural thing for people to be closer with others than they are with you. We're all different people. Thus, we all have different preferences in who we want as our close close friends. Sure I got love for you and give you respect equally as the next person, but that damn sure doesn't mean that I'm giddy with excitement to hang out with you.
4) Sometimes people just wanna hang out with people more their age.
5) You don't expect me to invite all of YFC to hang out everytime I go out do you? If that was the case, we'd look like some freakin' tourists everywhere we went. Sometimes, we just need hang out time with our people. That's like a brand new member bitching and complaining why they didn't get to go to the leader's retreat. People naturally just need time to hang out with people that share common interests.
6) I respect and love that you want to bond with brothers and sisters a lot, but there's a proper time and place for that.
----------------------------------

This was from June 04th 2008:
Last night, myself, ikeeyou, Alan, Gino, joeschmo, Nate, and Carlo played soccer in the rain. It was the funnest game I've ever been a part of. It was pouring and thundering, but we still went at it. The teams were me, joeschmo, and Nate on one team while the other 4 were on another team. We won handily, 5-0. Yay! It felt official sliding in the grass and hustling and all that jazz. I had never been a fan of soccer until recently when they started getting into it. The first time I played at Tantallon, I was reaaaaaaaaaaally bad. But, last night was like my 3rd or 4th time playing with them, and I could honestly say that I've improved. The first part of the action was pretty lame because they were just playing wiffle ball. I was like yo I did not drive an hour and a half for this BS. So bored and nobody wanted to even play football at least. So, I was a little agitated with that. Then when we were about to play soccer, it started raining. I thought it was a wrap until Alan arrived right in the nick of time and ran to the field yelling "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Let's play!" I guess he had just come from work or something and had been waiting all day to play. I'm glad he convinced us to stay because it was a lot of fun.
----------------------------------

This was from July 17, 2008:
Bitch-ass-ness... Ok ok, I know I had my moments of bitch-ass-ness, but these dudes nowadays are on facebook and AIM updating their damn profiles begging for attention like some bitches. Being all poetic and crap talking about I wish I could just fly away, why am I fooling myself, she'll never like me, i had the best time but this won't last. Bullshit like that. EVERY night. Like right now, it's "i'm pathetic...im so frickin awkward...*sigh*think nothing of anything....*sigh*." Bitch! Grow a dick, some balls, and a backbone for once. Man. Or at least get some friends that you can call up to talk about that stuff with. Don't just be updating us with your miserable love life every chance you get. Yes, I can ignore it, but not when you shove it in my face every damn night. These dudes or perhaps just this guy is so damn feminine that it's disgusting. I used to think I was on the womanly side cuz I liked my things clean and I got lots of shoes haha, but this dude is something else.

No comments: