Saturday, February 7, 2009

Good Saturday....

I had a pretty good Saturday today. I haven't had a laid back Saturday all to myself like this in a long time. Usually, I get caught up with doing something for the youth. There was a household today, but I didn't go. I just really really really needed this break for once... with all the stuff going on that select people know about. I've just been annoyed with a couple of people this past week, so I chose not to return any calls or texts regarding some things. Monday to Friday is for school. Everything else is put off for the weekend.

So yeah, today. I left my house at around 11:20 to try and get to MD by 12 noon to play football at Accokeek East. I got there by 12:15. Unfortunately, nobody came but Joe and Nikki. So, we ran around, did laps, and exercised just so we wouldn't waste the good weather and the good company. We chatted it up on a bench for a while in the nice combination of breeze and sunshine. Some old ladies were doing laps with their dogs. Each old lady that passed us was so polite. It made me smile that people still ask how others are doing even if they're strangers... because some people I know don't even ask me how I'm doing. They go straight to business.

Anyway, we got done running and chatting by 2:00. Then, we went back to Joe's house so he could get his wallet. We went to Wendy's to eat breakfast/lunch. Nikki and I tried out their new fish sandwich. It was really good. I don't know if it was better with cheese or not. I added cheese, but Nikki didn't. I just know it was really good dipped in sweet and sour sauce. After eating, we went to confession at St. Mary's. That was very uplifting. I hadn't gone to confession in about 3-4 weeks... which is my longest drought in a whiiiiiiiile. I usually go every week... and sometimes on the weekdays too if Alan or Kiesha are invitive. The priest there was awesome. I was in there for about 10 minutes. I've never been inside a confession room for that long before. He really internalized my sins, analyzed them, and then gave me feedback and advice. It was really great. I would drive to MD just for that type of confession each week. But yeah, after that, we went back to Joe's house. I told him and Nik that I just wanted to chill outside and sit on the porch. We chatted about random things again until it got a little bit too cold. I was mad sleepy, so I took a nap on the couch. Alan eventually arrived. Then we all got hungry and went to Osaka. I drove of course haha. Our meals were great as usual. Man, I love Osaka! Miso soup, salad with ginger sauce, salmon skill rolls, dinner boxes, hot tea.

Then yeah, we paid the tab and headed back to Joe's house. I'm glad I had my 90's hip-hop mp3 CD. Everybody was rapping along to classics and what not.... Electric Relaxation, Flava In Ya Ear, Deja Vu, Big Poppa, TROY, It's All About the Benjamins, I Wish, Gin and Juice, Protect Ya Neck, California Love.... etc. Then I took a quick nap in the basement as they played a couple of video games. I think they one was called 1942 while the other was called Nazi Zombies or something haha. And now, I'm home. Farewell!

No comments: