Thursday, September 11, 2008

Dear Summer,

You've been good to me this year. You gave me the opportunity to meet new people, to mature, to catch up with old friends, to be in love, to go to San Diego, and countless other things. Thank you for not being unbearably hot, especially in San Diego. Thank you for Jollibee, Sombrero's, Santana's, and all of the other places we got to eat at in SD. SFC conference was a delight. Too bad I didn't get to go to Jacksonville. Kids Village was also very promising as I watched the kids serving and leading. I turned 21. I got to go to my first baseball game. I drove way too much, but when do I not? Haha. I got to play plenty of futbol with my friends in southern MD. There were trials, conflicts, drama, yada yada. But they all blew over, and everyone involved in the various events are stronger people. An old friend came back into town while a wonderful family left for the lone star state. The Olympics were a joy to watch. USA Basketball is back on top, baby! Phelps OD'd. Shawn Johnson and Nastia did their damn thing. I was introduced to Misty May's butt. I lost weight, gained back some. The Office and Pushing Daisies comes back on TV this month. Gas went from an all-time high to a respectable (not really) $3.33. I hit 40,000 miles on my odometer. Yikes! I got to buy a few pairs of shoes, but sold some as well. They will be missed. All in all, it was a wonderful ride. It's not time to say goodbye to you yet, but I at least want to say thank you, summer 2008. Hopefully fall 2008 will be an even bigger joy.

Yay, picture time. Here's a recap of my summer.


Everyone was on the other side of the table, so I look like a herb being the only person at my party haha.


Happy B-day, Jojo. Farewell, Lani.


Here's the view of Nationals Stadium once you get off of the metro.


This was my first baseball game ever. I'm soooooo late haha. When people started stretching in the 7th inning, I was like "Ooooooh, this is why it's called the 7th inning stretch." My brother got some free tix from his patient. So, my dad, my bro, Erickson, and I ended up going. The Nats were playing the Rangers by the way.


Faye, Joe, Armel, and I vs. RJ, Carlo, Vinnie, Alan, and Jepoy. Of course we won. Your boy was beastin' at the plate. What a great way to celebrate the 4th of July.




CP's golden birthday. We ate at Sakura's on Leesburg Pike near Tyson's. It was a pretty different dining experience. The best part of the night was grilling Adrianne and obviously, catching food with our mouths.


Kids Village. Here's a picture of me 'helping' with the rosary making workshop. August 15-17.


They're supposed to spell 'pray.' My man Oyo is having problems though. 'Ppay.' Hahaha.


At George's at La Jolla.


Presenting to you the most expensive plate of food I've ever had. It was worth it though.

Here's what the others ate:
Nikki's:


Jordan's:


James's:



This was our view from our dinner table.


James and Jordan were great double datees. Cranium later that night was very fun, too.




Here's my new room after a lot of hard work. My brother and sister recently borrowed a steamer from a friend. I wish we had that thing taking off the wallpaper in my room. What a waste of time haha.

Alan, Nik, and I were supposed to peep that place called Marvin in DC in memory of Marvin Gaye. Stuff happened and we ended up just meeting up at Alan's and then taking Fune to National Harbor for the first time.


Niks and I eating our Potbelly's. Thanks for the photo, Faye.

We then proceeded to walk along the shore and went into the Gaylord Hotel.


Speed! I'm pretty sure I lost. It's pretty difficult to beat Nikki. Her and her dance hands.


My dude, Ivan.


James, Faye, Fune, Ivan, Moi, Niks, Joe. Nice 'fish-eye'. I mean wide-angle. Sorry, Alan.


"I don't really want a card, I just want to touch people's hands."


We're submitting this to Playgirl magazine. If you listen carefully, you can hear the collective moans of women all over the planet.


This past Monday night, I painted my lower grill black. I know it's really subtle, but it made a big difference in my eyes haha. There's the after picture. Below is the before picture.


1 comment:

esorimit said...

this entry is whack. because i'm not in it. haha sike... welcome to blogspot homie. & the black does make a difference on your car