Saturday, September 13, 2008

Stranded music, some much needed hate, and JC

If you were stuck on an island for the rest of your life, which 5 albums from this century would you choose? Here are my picks in no particular order:

Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams (2005)


Album highlights: 1. Better Together, 4. Good People, 5. No Other Way, 11. Breakdown, 13. Do You Remember

Jay-Z - The Blueprint (2001)


Album highlights: 2. Takeover, 6. U Don't Know, 8. Heart of the City (Ain't No Love), 9. Never Change, 12. Renegade

Hell, the whole album is a highlight.

John Mayer - Continuum (2006)


Album highlights: 1. Waiting on the World to Change, 4. Gravity, 7. Stop This Train, 11. In Repair, 12. I'm Gonna Find Another You

John Legend - Once Again (2006)


Album highlights: 1. Save Room, 2. Heaven, 6. P.D.A., 9. Maxine, 12. Another Again

Kanye West - Late Registration (2005)


Album highlights: 2. Heard 'Em Say, 14. We Major, 16. Hey Mama, 17. Celebration, 21. Late

Next up: "In what respect, Charlie?"



I'm speechless.

And another one.



"I am prepared. I need no on-the-job training. I wasn't a mayor for a short period of time. I wasn't a governor for a short period of time." So you've been a senator for 20 some years. Awesome. Yet, your running mate has been a governor for only 2 years. What do you define as 'a short period,' John? Are you as vague with your definition of a short period as your are with your definition of families in the middle class? Way to throw your running mate under the bus before you even got started. Ass.

Lastly.... my middle brother and sister-in-law are having a daughter soon. I think she's like 5-6 months or something. I'm not quite sure. But here she is. Both of them have JC as their initials (Julius Carl and Jean Carla), so they're trying to conjure up something cute for the baby that's a JC also. I think it'll be Jayden Cassidy, but that might've been for a potential boy. Who knows? So yeah, prayers for a healthy baby, please! I appreciate it.

No comments: