Wednesday, September 17, 2008

U Street and 14th

I just got home from Marvin about an hour ago. What a night it was. To say the least, it was very tiring, yet I'm still on right now trying to blog about it.

Notes from tonight:

-Nobody gets up for women on the train anymore. It's sad. I did my part : )
-Reminder to self: parking is free at the metered area from 7:01 PM to 4:59 AM and from 11:01 AM to 2:59 PM.
-The website for Marvin lied. It said that the restaurant is one block west from the Cordoza stop. It was actually 3 blocks.
-Alan's shirt was dope. I wonder if it was J. Crew. He said he didn't know, except that it had a brown tag.
-Liz wore her new boots from Bakers. They looked nice.
-Nikki wore her new mustard vest from Heritage. It was also pretty.
-The last train to VA leaves at midnight from L'enfant.
-The food at Marvin tastes great, but it's overpriced.
-Mad bums in the street. Sad : /
-Nikki and I passed Marvin about 3 times until Alan hollered my name from across the street.
-Faye couldn't make it out tonight.
-The Downtown Locker Room was pretty wack aside from the Nike Sports catalog they were giving out. It closed at 9 PM, while the Foot Locker across the street closed at 8 PM.
-I could see the cathedral from U street and 15th.
-I ordered the Berkshire Pork Chop. It had some mashed potatoes with it and this bacon fava bean sauce with mushrooms, good stuff.
-Nikki and Alan had the chicken and waffles. The chicken tasted like Jollibee chicken, maybe even better.
-Liz had a couple of appetizers. I know one had shrimp and the other had scallops.
-The conversation wasn't bad. It was mostly jokes though.
-Our waiter, Blaz, looked like Mekhi Phifer according to me and Andre 3000 according to Alan. We agreed that he was a hybrid.
-The dessert I ordered, sweet potato cheesecake, didn't taste like sweet potato. All I tasted was the cheesecake. Alan would agree. Joint was $8, too.
-Alan had the peach cobbler blah blah I forget the rest for dessert.
-Liz had some torte stuff that looked good, but I was too shy to try some.
-Nikki ordered this dessert that started with an F, but I dunno the word haha. It was the best out of the dessert I got to taste though.
-The bill was $117 with $20 tip.
-We'll go to the lounge and/or rooftop next time.
-I didn't get to snap more pictures because it was mad dark in there. The flash would've been obnoxious.
-Liz and Nikki had a bad miscommunication upon trying to meet up at the Bethesda metro. Nikki left the metro after her sister couldn't be found. Then, somehow she found me in my metro car. It was like a movie. Her sister turned out to be a floor or two above her haha. Anyway, because of that, we had to wait 35 minutes until we could go inside and order. Thankfully our maitre'd felt sorry for us and let us in. It was cool though, Liz was there shortly thereafter.
-I took Nikki to CP first, the complete opposite way I was to go home. I wanted to be sure she got to Joe safely.
-So when I dropped her off, I had a 19 minute wait for my metro to Branch.
-It took a while to get to L'enfant.
-Once at L'enfant at 11:40, there was another 25 minute wait.
-So, we didn't head for Vienna until 12:05.
-I finally arrived at Vienna at 12:50 tired and sleepy as hell.
-It was pretty cool though as I was the last one in the whole metro besides the cops who stopped the escalator once I got off and locked the gates once I got out.
-You were right, Alan. We do have flat screen monitors in our VA metros haha. Well, in Vienna at least.
-Thank you for patiently waiting an hour, Joe. I hope Nikki gave you that $10.
-I'd like to go there again to try a drink or two and their fries and/or burger. Or, they got that 10 oz steak I think... or is it 10 oz ribs? Either way, that's an option.
-Off to sleep I go for another morning of baby ass washing.
-Oh yeah, I love taking care of them when the other is sleeping. They pay attention, I can feed them properly, and they follow my directions. The other one isn't there to egg on bad behavior haha. So, I gotta find a way to get one of them to be knocked out at all times. Timmy was out today from 11 to 1 which was great.

Here are a few pics I snapped at the metro:


Niks after we got out of our 3 stops together.


^Pre-Marvin: excited, happy, thrilled, hungry.
Below: Post-good-ass-porkchop-and-cheesecake-consumption, bloated, sleepy, tired, not looking forward to the drive home and waking up at 7:30 AM.



After dropping off Niks at CP metro.


Random picture. I really didn't take many pics tonight.

No comments: